View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 06:30 PM   #12
NH_Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The 2020 F150 Raptor CC 3.5 HO Ecoboost has a payload listed in the Ford specifications chart at 1000 pounds: https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/models/f150-raptor/

While not "typical of F150 payload ratings" both Ford (Raptor) and RAM (Power Wagon) have significantly reduced payload capacity. It comes from the "long travel suspension" which is required to compete in the "Baja environment"... Specialty trucks that obviously are not intended to be the "jack of all trades" especially not towing and carrying....

So, yes, that "1000 pound payload F150 does exist.....
Yes, there are a few out there.....a few. Certainly not “most” like what was stated in the original post. I had a Power Wagon, but never towed a trailer with it, but I did with my Ram 2500 Quad Cab. If I had a Raptor, I wouldn’t use that for towing either, but I did with my Sierra 1500 Z71. Since this is a forum for trailers and towing, I just questioned why the term “most” was used, especially since “most” F-150’s are NOT Raptors and “most” F-150’s DO have substantially more than 1,000 lbs. cargo capacity.
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote