View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 03:19 PM   #9
NH_Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Well, the Eco-boost is semi-obsolete with the onset of the POWERBOOST! 12K towing capability! All the article talked about is a short bed, crew cab 4x4 and I bet that 1/2 ton will have a 1000 lb payload like most. MARKETING HYPE prevails. Bet they have commercials of this new F150 dragging the Queen Mary down the road. A hybrid truck? How did that work for Chevy/GM? I just can't understand why the need for more power if your truck really can't be used truck-like (towing / hauling). The new F150 does have 11 grille options if I read right. Now there is an upgrade.

From Road & Track:

The biggest change is the new PowerBoost hybrid powertrain option, the first true hybrid truck since GM's ill-fated Silverado and Sierra hybrids. But this isn't just the eco-friendly option; by pairing a 35-kilowatt electric motor to the already potent EcoBoost 3.5-liter turbocharged V-6, Ford says the PowerBoost will offer more power than any other light-duty truck. Cruising range should exceed 700 miles and the tow rating will be above 12,000 pounds. It'll also be available on every trim and in both rear-wheel- and four-wheel-drive configurations.

George, what F-150 Crew Cab has a 1,000 lb. cargo capacity?

My 3.5L Ecoboost SuperCrew has over 3,000 lb. in cargo capacity and every one I looked at before we bought this one had right around 2,000 lbs. cargo capacity (All according to the cargo and loading sticker on the door frame). I am not a “Ford Guy” (this is my first Ford), but I do believe in accurate facts.
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote