View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 02:31 PM   #38
Govols

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Govols, Has all this confused you? Payload is the combined weight of stuff in your truck including passengers. You have a 4K lbs payload. The gross weight of your trailer is 15K lbs so as noted, the pin weight will be between 3K lbs and 3750 lbs. You don't have enough truck for the triple axle type toy hauler Keystone offers. Suggest the Carbon / Impact line. The Carbon model 36 has a real nice floor plan for a toy hauler (my opinion only) and a 12.6' garage @38' long with two bathrooms. Has a load capacity of 2900 lbs which should be plenty for a golf cart and the scooters.

If you really want the big boys, it is dually time! They are really kind of porky with most all way over what you can drag down the road comfortably. Last, when you decide what you want very carefully measure your golf cart's length. I have a trike and it is just a hair over 11' and that really means I would have to be careful with respect to closed garages. I have found that you just can't angle enough to get an 11' trike in a 10'6" garage.
Funny you should mention the carbon/impacts. Was looking at those on line about an hour ago. I like both lines.
So if my truck payload is 4k, minus my wife and i plus the hitch say 3400lbs left over. 25% of a 14k trailer is 3500. So bascically i can only get a 5er with a max load of 13500? If its fully loaded.
Govols is offline   Reply With Quote