Thread: scale confusion
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 02:39 PM   #35
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
LOL....I know exactly what you mean....although I didn't start out with the 1/2T, I went straight for the "Monster" 3/4T diesel that could pull about anything I wanted to buy! I had to tap out on that idea several years later when between my aux. fuel tank and a 13K GVWR tow behind toy hauler I was overloaded. Next truck was my present truck....'16 CrewCab Dually, 6.7, 3:73 and almost 5300 lbs of payload. It was a smart move planning ahead when I did that. I now have a triple axle, 5th Wheel Toy Hauler with a GVWR of 20,000 lbs. And you know what, I credit a bunch of folks on this very forum for being patient and helpful with me when trying to learn the ins and outs of what it takes to tow heavy and within all the capacity ratings of both the truck and trailer. Hats off to y'all.
To take this thread even farther off course, I had a 2010 Spyder RT. That thing was the scariest trike I have ever owned. My wife was miserable as the passenger. Handling was AWFUL... anti-sway bar was too skinny, shocks were junk, etc. I changed all that stuff and the handling became respectable unless you pushed it and then the lean was disconcerting. The missus demanded another Goldwing trike! (I am on my 3rd - a 2006 Roadsmith). I would love to try one of the 3 cylinder newer Spyders as I understand they have come a long way.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote