View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 09:14 AM   #17
+Ruff Rider
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADQ K9 View Post
Was disappointed yesterday when the check engine light came on and did not go off. Brought it into the dealer today for the 20K service, they pulled a P170 code which is pretty generic. Fuel bank pressure, MAF and and other issues will make the code come up. Now here is where it gets frustrating. "We can't even look at the truck till April27th". Unless I want to just leave it there and they can work it in.
Took it to a local shop where all they work on is Ford Diesels and the trucks they are in. they reflashed and updated the PCM per Ford TSB 19-2131 was in and out in an hour for $125. I would have had to pay $100 deductible through Ford for any work the dealer did if I waited.
Rant over. Truck is clean with fresh fluids in the garage
I'm am not sure why you would have to pay a deductible for a service that was covered under your B to B warranty. All you had to tell them that you need a rental and they would have gotten right on it I bet. Wow $100 deductible ya that extended warranty is a real hoot. That is the reason I didn't get it for my truck. H dad it on my 12 SHO and learned a valuable lesson. It's funny you pay thousands and some people think it kicks in after the 3/36 but no. it starts the in service date of the truck. It's like paying twice.
+Ruff Rider is offline   Reply With Quote