View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 06:16 AM   #18
cougarpelt

It came with 4 ply (44PSI) tires. I ran this rated tire on the 2015 for 25,000 miles and then replaced them with 10 ply (E rated 80 psi tires). I would have moved these tires over to the new truck but since the old ones were had 55 ratio sidewall and the new tires are 60 ratio side wall, I would have had to get a new alignment. I decided to run these for a few years and then upgrade to the 10 ply tires. I have 10 ply tires on the trailer already.
I agree that the weakest part of this rig is the tires; I bought a tire monitoring system that works great and gives me information on the status of the trailer tires. I had a blow out 2 years ago on the left front and was just plain lucky that it did caused only minor damage (side panel of sheet metal). that's when I decided to install 10 ply tires and get a tire monitoring system. A blow out while pulling really makes you AWARE of tire quality, age and weight ratings. SLOWED ME DOWN too; I never run more than 60mph any more. I get there. Speed is not important when pulling a trailer!
cougarpelt is offline   Reply With Quote