View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
cougarpelt

2020 gm trucks have a NEW frame

I traded up from a 2015 sliverado 1500 crewcab short bed to 2020 crewcab short bed 5' 10"). You can imagine how surprised I am to find that NONE of the hitch manufacturers currently make an adapter kit that will bolt to the 2020 and couple with my HUSKY 16kw hitch that puts the hitch directly over the rear axel. they make one for the long bed 6' 10" bed but not for the short bed. Nothing my Keystone dealership has been able to find fits the 2020 model the way my old one did. The long bed kit will not give me clearance between cougar half ton and truck. I have a brand new truck that I can't hook to my 5th wheel???? CAN ANYONE HELP!!! Chevrolet 2020 1500 short bed (5'10") bed to a Husky 16kw hitch. Even the new hitches say that the adapter kits are :COMING SOON"!!!!
wow how GM blindsided the dealership, my salesman, my RV dealership and ME!
I should note that my RV dealership ordered and received "the kit I needed" about a month before my truck arrived from the factory; only to find out that the kit he had was for a 6'10" bed. He just order based on my request for a "short bed" kit assuming that the short bed was 6'10". In the 2020 there are 2 beds you can get with a crew cab … a short bed 5'10" and a long bed 6'10". Chevy makes a 8' bed (which he assumed was a "long bed" but only for the standard cab work truck in 2020.
cougarpelt is offline   Reply With Quote