Thread: GM or Ford?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 08:08 PM   #11
vampress_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The 2005 is red. Having had a red truck, I know that it causes "those guys that park behind the billboards" to look closely ...
I can definitely vouch that red trucks go fast. Nicely fast. But after driving them for 20 years, I can’t say they attract any extra attention. Black cars on the other hand...

The only input I would have is to check if the Fords have been “bullet proofed”. If so, not a worry then. If not, I would think long and hard before putting down money on one.

The GM I would want to know if it’s a 3500 (or whatever their equivalent is) only because you are wanting to put a golf cart in the truck bed. The payload of a 350/3500 *should* be larger than a 250/2500, which would give you the ability to haul the golf cart and TT around within the trucks limits.

So, I guess same goes for the Fords. If you end up choosing between one or the other, I would personally choose the F-350 which should have a bigger payload.

And, I don’t remember seeing, but are they long beds so you have room to fit a golf cart in?

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote