View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 03:31 PM   #7
rjrelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
There are some 15" wheels available in the 5 lug 4.5" lug spacing that are rated at 2830 lbs that will support your tire choice upgrade. You can read about one such wheel here: https://www.etrailer.com/Tires-and-W...560545SM2.html
Thanks. I'll probably end up going with the Taskmasters since they are the only 2800# rated steel wheels with the five-hole spacing that I've found so far. They also have some nice chrome-looking (PVD) ones for (somewhat) more money. The 1750RD is a light single-axle trailer so it's just the two tires/wheels and maybe the spare. I just don't want to spend thousands completely redoing the entire underside of the thing.

Well aware of the chain of weak links though. Just by looking at it, the suspension might be the next weakest link before the axle. The 2800# Carlisle tires are really overkill. I could probably go with a little heavier D rated tire at 2150# or 2500# but those all mount on 15" rims as well. I just want a bit more under the trailer than the 2000# tires (of questionable origin) that are on there now without having to go to six-hole rims.

Randi & Shirley
2016 Ford F-350 SRW CCSB 6.7L 4WD
2022 Forest River Vibe 26RK
rjrelander is offline   Reply With Quote