View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 08:23 AM   #38
vampress_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mustanger View Post
I don't know about other brands but Ford's regen process is pain. You get a 3 second message "cleaning exhaust filter" and per the manual you need to drive at least 20 minutes for it to complete. If you miss that message you have no idea it is happening and may end up shutting the truck off with an incomplete regen, too many of them and you wind up with a clogged filter that costs $4,000 or so to replace. Why they couldn't let that message stay up until the regen is completed is beyond my comprehension.
There used to be one. Our 2009 F-350 originally had a message saying “cleaning exhaust filter” that would stay until regenning was complete. I liked that a lot because I knew exactly how long it was taking, and how long I needed to drive extra if I was close to home - a few times I did take a “scenic drive” just to complete the regen if necessary. But, a system update that was required by Ford in 2010? 2011? deleted the message staying up the whole time. Ticked me off so I went back to Ford to ask them to undo that particular “feature”. Was told it couldn’t be done. From then on, message would only flash at beginning of regen process. I asked why the change and was told too many Ford customers were complaining about the message staying up the whole regen and they couldn’t read any other information on the display if they wanted to.

Same issue for our 2016 F-350, message only is up for a few seconds. So, hubby got me an OBD-2 plug in and a phone app so I can see when the truck is regenning, and I can monitor the exhaust gas temp. Makes me a happy girl.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote