View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 05:01 AM   #51
Laredo Tugger

Congrats to the OP on the new truck. Enough truck? You will get varied answers across the board here. As you have seen, everything from your 2500 is good to go, to absolutely DRW! . You have made an improvement for sure. It's one thing for this forum to tell you the rules ( the weight police) and all is good advice, it is quite another for your insurance company to tell you after the fact that you are on your own for all liabilities. Has that happened? I don't know. That would make an interesting discussion on here.
I had a dealer tell me that only about 15% of the 3500 Rams from the factory are SRW. True or not? I don't know, but I was surprised how fast you found the one you purchased. I have the same truck with the Aisin tranny and 5th wheel tow package,4X4,SB. Found it pre-owned with 5800 miles on it. Not the leather,sunroof ect... version,but will do the job. Calculating my numbers I think I am OK, but I am sure there are those that will argue the fact.
The trailer is a 2017 Laredo 350 FB, Dry Weight 11,230 lbs.,Payload Capacity 1,770 lbs.,GVWR 13,000 lbs.Hitch Weight 2,085 lbs.
I have a "slider hitch" and will be adding Air Lift air bags.
Your rig looks to be maybe around two thousand pounds heavier than mine.
On the SRW/DRW brink?
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote