View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 11:05 AM   #19
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
"BOTH trucks are within wt specs" Negatory, big momma. Take a quick-pic of the yellow sticker on the door pillar and post it.
"2 adults. 3 kids. Tons of stuff" I would challenge you to run this what you believe to be a "beast" over a cat scale the next time out and post it for us to see. More importantly for YOU to see. I'm not here to tell you not to tow with the truck you have, but don't come on here acting like we just all fell off a cantaloupe truck. Post the CAT ticket and the yellow door sticker and then post back.
x3 to this.
I know that Chevy seems to be the lightest of the Big 3 when it comes to HD pickups.
That said I know what my Ram weighs with the 5er connected, with me and DW and two small dogs, and unless you are loaded to a 15% pin, I doubt that your TV weighs less then 10,000# with the 5er attached.

I also tow a 12,360# GVWR 5er with a Ram 2500, am I over GVWR, yes, do i recommend to others, NO!
If they have the TV and looking at a 5er bigger than 10,000#, I will say yes, it works for me, but it is THEIR personal choice to exceed the 2500/250 GVWR of 10,000# or less.

If they haven't bought their TV yet, I also recommend getting at least a 350/3500 SRW, and depending on the size even DRW.

When we bought our current 5er, the last item on the PDI, was before signing papers, that I hook up and see how it sat. Well as the 2500 had Tow and Camper packages it sat just fine. I did get a shock the first time across scales, but never have had a White Knuckle experience with the package.

I really like our current TV, it does the job, and is paid for, maybe sometime down the road I will replace it likely with a 3500 DRW.

Just today followed a guy pulling about a 35' Alpenlite with a post 2013 Ram 3500 DRW going 45 on a two lane state highway backing up traffic until we got to a passing lane. No reason for driving that slow, if that load scared him and that was all the faster he felt was safe, I think it was time for him hang it up.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote