View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 08:29 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336 View Post
The point is not that a 2500 is a 3500. And yes a 20k fifth wheel needs a 3500. Everyone doesn’t need a 3500. And a 3500 might not solve all your issues. That’s why they invented air bags, and why millions of them are in use, not just for campers. Also the point was how nearly identical these camper setups are. And how the trucks are both adequate for this particular set up, but how one is sitting a little nicer than the other. That’s the point. Not that a 2500 can substitute for a 3500. Not that Chevy is better than Dodge. But the replies are exactaly as expected thus far.

I guess I'm missing something but, a picture tells us that the truck is "adequate" for the job? I'm thinking a person probably wants to look at the specs of the trucks and not what a set of airbags makes it look like. At least that's what I'm thinking.

Heck, I see all kinds of lifted, added on to trucks everywhere I go and then.....the truck with the 6-12" lift takes off from the red light and yep.....takes a block to get out of 1st, etc. Can't get out of its own way. Why? Made it look good but didn't do what needs to be done with the "pretty"....upgraded driveshafts, Ujoints and most of all....change the ratios. But that's not what's involved in making it "look" like it can do it. JMO
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote