View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 09:18 PM   #40
Desert185

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
I debated for a long time about the cost vs return on investment. I read about how the high pressure injectors are designed to close on a cushion of fuel, but microscopic air bubbles can cause them to slam shut on air instead of the cushion. Over time it causes wear and eventually injector failure. I have installed two systems now, one in my truck and another in a friends. I can tell you both were noticeably quieter after installing the system. This isn't just imagined, when you first start the truck after installing the system it takes about 20 seconds for the new fuel to reach the injectors, you will no it when it gets there when the noise from the truck suddenly drops by about half and starts running smoother. The only thing I can contribute the noise reduction to is injector noise as they start closing on the cushion of fuel. With a new set of injiectors in the $3k range, the $600 spent on the FASS suddenly seemed worth every dime. I also use NAPA gold filters on the system since they are easy to get and have some of the best filter ratings of any filter on the market. I also left the OE Rocor filter in place, I have no doubt my engine is getting clean, air free fuel.
FASS Titanium just installed. The biggest difference I've noticed is how much smoother and seemingly a bit more powerful the engine runs with not much fuel in the tank. With the sloshing and resulting aeration of the fuel in the tank it affected how the engine ran. I'm impressed. Will check mileage over the next few tanks. Might even be a little quieter.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote