View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 07:31 AM   #38
madmaxmutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampress_me View Post
Mom was sitting right next to me the whole time. Besides, she knows I drive like my Dad. But you hit on the second thing I don't like about new vehicles, the computer deciding how you drive and changing itself. Give me a vehicle that drives the same, no matter who is behind the wheel. I don't like the "retraining" of the computer when someone else drives our Escape.

So for that, thank goodness for manual transmissions. I can drive it how I want to and it will shift when I want to. And that is why I love my "almost old" 1998 Mustang GT convertible. Might not be as fancy or fast as some of your guys' (and thank you for the pictures, I was drooling over them!), but it was my graduation present to myself from college. And the joke has been that I may be buried in it.
I know what you mean, but I have no interest in going back to the old days either. The computer "modern convenience" allows me to drive up the hill to 10K and down to the ocean without having to adjust anything on the vehicle (although the Honda generator won't do this). Computer controlled Tow/Haul mode keeps the transmission from looking for the right gear. The computer helps my twin turbo chargers pull a trailer like a freight train. I could do without the computer generated throttle lag, though. . .
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote