View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 01:49 PM   #34
JRTJH
Site Team

Mine was the first 2005 in Alexandria, LA. I ordered it in 2003, long before the dealership could place the order. I had a 2002 and told the GM at the Ford dealership that I wanted to order a new Mustang. He said sure (thinking I mean a new 2003) When I explained what I wanted, he said he couldn't order it. We negotiated a deal that I would pay $500 over his price and he could keep the holdbacks. It was mid 2004 before Ford unlocked the order books for the new models and mine was the first order placed by the dealership for that region. When it came in, it was late on a Friday afternoon, the GM paid his prep crew overtime to get it ready for me, called me at the hospital and told me it was in and I could pick it up that day. Trust me when I say that those last few patients I saw made the afternoon one of the longest I'd ever had.... Anyway, I drove it home that day and it's been in the garage except for an occasional trip to town and a couple of "long distance runs" to a rally or to the classic car days. I've done the Autopalooza Woodward Dream Cruise the past 5 years but it is this weekend and we had too much other stuff going on so I couldn't drive down this weekend. I'll make it again next year, one way or another.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote