Thread: Truck question
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 08:58 PM   #26
Johnny's Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl View Post
Thanks! That's why I wanted to go with a lighter trailer and prefer to drive with empty tanks and a light load. I watch everything that goes in.

I will keep the info transmission monitor on. So the M setting is like being in drive? Just looking through the manual, so what does M1 through 6 indicate? you use M4 for downhill and M3 for uphill? The steeper the grade, the higher the number?

Heading to Windermere through the mountains without the trailer so I can test it this weekend.
M can be like D (drive) in some regards. Example, I like towing always in M4 (just my own preference) most of the time (flat areas). In M4 the truck will up shift from a stop up to only 4th gear (the last gear before either over drive gears 5 and 6 come in) and will down shift on it's own as you come to a stop. Still works like an automatic but only 4 speeds. About M3 up hill. I press the minus button and it down shifts to 3. I do this ahead of time when I know the grade is more the 4th can handle. Once at the summit I'll press the plus button and back to 4th it will shift to. Yes, play with it and see what happens. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the findings. Good luck.
Johnny's Journey is offline   Reply With Quote