Thread: Truck question
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 08:24 PM   #22
Johnny's Journey

Cheryl I have the nearly the same set up. My trailer is 25 ft also but my truck is exactly what you have. As mentioned before from yourself and other's. Up hill may have been the transmission, maybe not. There is a way to monitor the transmission temp by using the information button's on the dash. I suggest finding it and leaving the info on full time display while towing. The transmission temp will climb with those 3:42 gears out back. As far as driving in M (manual) I recommend using M4. This will help a lot on the down hill to prevent speed up's even though your foot is off gas pedal. Back to M but up hill now. Don't be afraid to down shift it to M3 if needed (will help eliminate sudden down shifts and up shifts) and take your time climbing all the while monitory the transmission. And of course look into the brakes. Truck, trailer, and their functioning together as mention by other's. Oh, play with the manual shifting function/option with trailer not attached so you can get familiar with how it works and what it can do as far as assistance in towing. It's not hard. Slow and easy at first and easy does it. Your 1500 may say 9200 lbs but my drivers seat say's no way. Not with 3:42's any ways.
Johnny's Journey is offline   Reply With Quote