View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 06:56 AM   #30
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by first time 5er View Post
I manage a 19,000,000 fleet of heavy equipment and have extensive training in the teir 4 diesel engines. These system are very much like electronic fuel injection in the auto industry. Not much lubricity in gasoline so I don't believe lubricity is an issue in today's engines. In older mechanical pump and injector engines maybe but ultra low sulfur diesel has been around for a while. I would be more concerned with bacteria growth in biodiesel fuel. I think those of you that don't use you TV much should use additives that kill bacteria build up. Our research indicated that is the major issue. Not an problem if you drive regularly. As for additives only needed if your fuel is sitting for a month or more. our motto is " Its only as good for the first tank full" i don't use anything in my truck as we drive it regularly. Regular maintenance is best
Wow that's a lot equipment. As for your second post with the quote about Bio I would have to ask Who paid for the study? I have yet to read a positive review on Biodiesel from any group actually using it. By the way, comparing gas vs diesel is apples vs oranges, the least of which are the fuel pressures as diesel is typically 3 - 4 times greater.
I'm not a diesel engineer or researcher so I can only relate my own real word experiences on the matter. My personal choice is Diesel Kleen®. It has raised my mpg slightly and absolutely reduced the "diesel clatter" in my truck and is available at Wal-Mart and most auto parts stores. As a disclaimer, I'm not a "additive" type guy as my 50 + years of shade tree mechanics and extensive reading habits have made me a sceptic on "snake oil treatments". With that said, when I find something that real users (not the advertisement folks but the countless numbers on the many blog sites and speaking with mechanics, truck drivers at fuel stops, etc.) report on in a positive manner than I will try it out and make my own assessment. This has resulted in my use of Diesel Kleen®. Others may have a different experience.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote