View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 05:01 AM   #16
Dave W

I can't see that HDT as a sight seeing vehicle such as at the 'Big 5' in Utah or the Pike's Peak road or San Fransico's Lombard St. Then there is all that fun trying to park at the local super market or even parallel park at a restaurant in any city of size for a night out. Even my 172" wheel base CCLB can be a PITA with a huge turning radius too short and narrow parking lot spaces with too little room between rows. We often get our exercise walking from the North Forty area. Then there is the cost of ownership - and I don't mean fuel but license, insurance, normal maintenance, tires, the occasional impossible to obtain parts in West Overshoe on a Saturday afternoon. Oh and some (many?) states like NY, you will need a different driver's license classification and competancy test if you exceed 26,000 pounds combined weight, truck and towed load.

But - to each his own. OP, due diligence, a wallet thickness check and a few hours is the only way to reason this out FOR YOUR needs. Let us know what you decide.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote