View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 08:32 PM   #40
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sodfather View Post
Alright I'll jump in and be bias.

Did you know that Dodge and Ford both have heated tailgates? Yup, so your hands don't get cold when pushing them.

Just buy a Chevy or GMC...
Sort of like FORD = fix or repair daily?

I have no dog in this hunt but I can tell you that I am a very particular, analytical person. My son is a car salesman (GM) drives a Chevy and tells me I need to buy a Ford. I have bought more new trucks than he has ever dreamed about and I have different views.

Ford: so so engine/drivetrain; so so longevity. Interior has always been one of the best but they have just not kept up with Ram with the interiors. Price is mid range of the 3 (more or less).

Chevy/GM: Allison tranny - tops. Duramax - good but nothing special - Ford and Chevy tie on this. Ergonomics, for us, fails. Price is ridiculous for what you get compared to the other 2.

Ram: Cummins - the other 2 can't compare. Aisin vs Allison...the Allison is better but the Aisin ain't no slacker. Ford....well..... Ram has the best interior based on several tests by various publications. Best towing (last I remember), and best pricing usually.

All that said; I've purchased 21 new Ford trucks for personal use. I stopped. Used to love their ergonomics but their drivetrains were always last. I've only purchased 3 new Chevy trucks (years ago). Loved the engines, did not like the trannys and the interiors were Spartan. I never dreamed of buying a Dodge truck - ever - until they started the new body style. Even then it was 2001 before I bought a 1500 Off Road 4x4. The 5.9 w/4.10 was great. Since 2001 I've purchased 8 Dodge/Ram trucks. They improve constantly. The interiors are best in class confirmed by most truck tests. The Cummins can't be touched by the others. The 6.4 hemi is exceptional.

All of this is 100% subjective and many will not agree. That's why we always have the Ram/Chevy/GMC/Ford debates......there is no winner so we all inevitably walk away with the same preconceptions we came in with...........
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote