View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 09:53 AM   #17
mtofell

My progression in vehicles over the last 20 years: Subaru - Toyota - Ford - Nissan - Chevy - Ram

So I'm obviously not brand loyal. For the HD trucks I sure liked my 2006 Chevy Duramax. That was one great truck. I only sold because the miles were getting up there and didn't want to start replacing big time parts that start to creep up after 200K miles.

I think you really can't go wrong with any of the big 3. They all make great trucks. Ram seems to give you the most for your money but from reading message boards (totally unscientific study, I know) they seem to have more problems. I'm currently in one and it's a decent truck. The tranny did blow at 38K miles for absolutely no reason (I was sitting in traffic). I suppose that's just a fluke.

I'd stay away from any of the Ford diesels before the 6.7 for sure. I know there are plenty of folks out there that haven't had problems but I'd personally avoid rolling that pair of dice.

If I were looking at used I'd probably not rule anything out but just see what's out there and what you can get the best deal on.
mtofell is offline   Reply With Quote