View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 12:07 PM   #18
weebl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The problem with your reasoning is not a "physical limitation" of the truck, it's the "legal limitation" that the federal government places on it (for a variety of reasons, all having to do with money and taxes).
And this here, is exactly my line of thinking on the trucks. I know that, from a physical perspective, you can modify a 3/4 ton to be mechanically the same as a 1 ton, and this is with suspension upgrades.

BUT, and a very important but at that, is you CANNOT change the legal limitations, at least not in any practical way. The sticker is the sticker, and I understand insurers, lawyers, and the courts will all see this.

That said, being close, but within, the legal limits of a 3/4 ton, it would stand to reason that you physically have a lot of breathing room, especially if you do the required upgrades. And so long as I am within the legal limitations, I am not at risk from that perspective.

Am I missing anything else, should I be forced into a 3/4 ton due to what's available in the market for this particular trailer, that I need to be aware of?
weebl is offline   Reply With Quote