View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 04:59 PM   #17
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
The problem with this kind of post is that it can/will get unknowledgeable people in trouble or hurt. The regulations/laws/limits are there whether we like them or not, or whether we believe in them or not. When it comes to the "cutting" the law will always have the upper hand and our "opinions" will be paying the price. I don't have any use for that.

When my pistol says NO +P ammo I don't go out and just use the hotter load because I heard of someone doing it.....I'd rather keep my fingers/eyes. Just sayin.
I agree !!! Another example of "paperwork/legal/certification" criteria is this: I had a primary care clinic, saw patients in the clinic and had "staff privileges" at all the local hospitals. As a part of my "staff privilege" it was understood that I had to have a medical license and mal-practice insurance to "remain on staff". In all the states where I have/had licenses, they expired on my birthday and had to be renewed prior to that date. Should I have admitted a patient to a hospital on the day after my birthday without renewing my license, if ANYTHING had gone wrong, my malpractice insurance would have dropped me, the hospital would have removed my "staff privilege" and sued me (as would the patient) for practicing without a license.

Now, there's no expectation that I would have awakened that morning and have forgotten everything I knew, no expectation that I would have been "incapable" of performing the surgery and no expectation that I would have been "any less capable" because of that "expired license". After all, I was EXACTLY the same as I was "yesterday"... BUT !!!!!

Rest assured, without that license, I'd have been in a world of legal trouble !!!!

There's really no difference in "ignoring a certification" on a truck than there is in "ignoring a license" in a medical practice...... after all, they are both, "just a piece of paper"....

Paperwork does matter !!!!!!!!
OK, Rant off.......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote