View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 04:22 PM   #15
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The problem with your reasoning is not a "physical limitation" of the truck, it's the "legal limitation" that the federal government places on it (for a variety of reasons, all having to do with money and taxes).

I don't know about you, but I really want to keep my truck and my savings. What you're saying is true in a "physical sense" but is fast becoming "an old wives tale" in many states. Whether we like it or not, there's a significant shift occurring as we speak in the legal profession. Many lawyers are now openly advertising that they will take "overweight RV cases" on a contingent basis. They only get paid if they win. It's becoming a significant risk to "fortune and future" to risk it all if something should happen. Hopefully you'll never meet Mr Annis ( https://www.kennethjannislaw.com/rv-accident.html ) or any of his associates in front of someone wearing a black robe and not smiling. For me, and I'd suppose for many others, it's simply not worth the risk.

Your views may differ, and that's perfectly OK with me, so long as you don't run into my truck on the highway. Then, I'd suppose I would have to consider whether or not to call Mr. Annis..... Just sayin'..................

^^^^Me too and well said!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote