View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 08:17 PM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

Re: 2016 3500 HD SRW duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglide View Post
One that exceeds the door sticker , The one ton has a better pin weight then the 3/4 ton . The real concern is what is the load rating on the tv tires. Some one is going to roll over in there grave because a accident happened and the rv is splattered all over the road, or some body slams me from the back and cry 200 lbs over the pin weigh and the insurance wont pay. 1 ton is more then capable of handling 3060 lb pin weight.

The exact reason prudent folks drive down the road marveling at people like you and wondering when you're going to kill someone or yourself. The rating on your TV tires is, literally, the smallest of your/our (other drivers) concerns. You do a great disservice to someone asking legitimate questions about weights and trying to be safe. Lord knows I've done it when I was "ignorant" (35 years ago), but I've never, and won't, advocate that a person drive in a dangerous fashion because "I did, used to etc.". The poster is concerned about his, and his family's well being and doing the right thing. Because those things mean nothing to you....please, don't willingly lead him in the wrong direction. He is trying to do the right thing.

Your lack of knowledge, and concern is very disconcerting. Worried about your "RV spattered all over the road"? No, I'm worried about you getting me, my family or some else splattered all over the road.

"The one ton is more than capable of handling a 3060 pin weight". Please tune in. That is the dry pin weight. The truck has a max payload of 4000 lbs. The dry pin weight will grow substantially. Please, if you like putting yourself, your family and others in jeopardy, keep it to yourself. The OP is looking for info to keep him safe - let's try to give him good, safe info - not, "hell yeah, it's a one ton....it'll pull the shuttle...you're good to go". He deserves better.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote