View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jq1031 View Post
Regarding the propane cylinders & the red & green dots on the regulator, when its red is that empty or is green empty. Also after filling one tank is it ok to keep it turned off so I'll know when the other tank is empty & does the regulator red & green automatically turn to the tank in use. HELP!!!
Joe, The red dot means that the selected tank is empty and the valve has switched to the other tank. Turning the lever on the regulator will change the dot to green providing the newly selected tank has gas and is turned on. I usually leave both tanks on and check for a red dot daily. Waking up to a freezing cold trailer because the second tank was not turned on is not pleasant. And I know momma ain't getting out of bed to switch the valve. This may not be a problem in sunny Venice but if you run your fridge on gas and go away for the day you could return to spoiled food or worse yet warm beer and no ice for cocktails. Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote