View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 02:13 PM   #35
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmedic4 View Post
Mileage aside, the difference in towing between the 1500 and 2500, definitely favors the 2500. On our recent trip to Florida, the truck was really stable, and braking was excellent. At no time did I feel like the wind pushed us around in the 2500, and there was actually a high wind warning during our drive across Florida I-10. On a trip last year with the 1500, we felt some chucking on a few roads, and wind did give a few 'shoves' across the interstate. None of that with the 2500, on a trip 3 times longer.

While there weren't any real mountains, I never felt like the 5ver was pushing me down a hills, and the section of I-65 between Tennessee/Alabama is a decent test. I never got the feeling of the 5ver trying to keep me heading straight on the curves.

In summary, since the mpg towing between the 6.4 / 5.7 was the same, I really can't fault the 6.4L for that reason, and from the safety and comfort standpoint, the 2500 is the absolute winner.

You are absolutely correct. Safety, comfort, peace of mind, stability.....the 2500 is a hands down winner.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote