View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 07:34 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchyBoy View Post
The max tow is on my radar, but wasn't aware of the max payload option. The dealer only had a couple with the max tow and they were both Platinum models at $55k. There's no way I'm spending that much on a new truck. It might be difficult to find a truck with both of those that are used.

I didn't realize the GM's were the same bodies. Thanks for telling me.
Yup, they are two different "packages", one focused in increasing towing and one that "ups" the carrying capability. Few dealerships stock the "max payload" since there is such a small buyer segment that wants those features. I totally agree with you on the "luxury features" on the Platinum. It's "opulent" at a cost, both in dollars to buy and in payload reduction (all of that extra stuff adds to the truck's empty weight). Everyone has their own ideas of what "level of luxury" they want, but the XLT or Lariat are both very comfortable trucks with most of the features anyone would want for towing on long trips. The most noticeable difference between them is "cloth" for the XLT and "leather" for the Lariat. Otherwise, it's "bells and whistles" in the different electronics.

I know you're not looking at SuperDuty trucks, but as a comparison, you can find diesel F250 XLT's and Lariat's in the $55K range !!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote