View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 07:24 PM   #4
BirchyBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Good Luck on your search for a new, bigger tow vehicle. It's always fun, even though it's usually frustrating as well !!!

One thing to keep in mind about the F150 EcoBoost, there are two packages that upgrade your towing. First is the "max tow" package that increases towing capability to somewhere around 11,000 pounds. That's a package you should consider, but, in my opinion, an even more important package, especially if you're considering a travel trailer in the "above 7,500 pound" range, is the "max payload" package. That will increase your total payload to somewhere around 2200 pounds, give you LT tires, heavier wheels and the factory brake controller is a part of that package. It incorporates trailer sway and helps handling/towing.

As for the Denali/1500 "seeming to be the same size, it's because they are. The GM products use the same cab, front clip and bed, only the "underpinnings" are different. On the Ford, the SuperDuty is a different body, wider, but ironically, the interior crewcab space is smaller than the F150... Who'a thunk ???
The max tow is on my radar, but wasn't aware of the max payload option. The dealer only had a couple with the max tow and they were both Platinum models at $55k. There's no way I'm spending that much on a new truck. It might be difficult to find a truck with both of those that are used.

I didn't realize the GM's were the same bodies. Thanks for telling me.
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote