View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 06:38 PM   #18
TomHaycraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
Sorry to hear about your blowout and electrical damage. I am curious about the large difference I tread depth across your tires. Makes me think one of two things, either pressures or alignment issues. Based on he fact that they are wearing on one side, that leads me to believe alignment. Although you were running a TPMS which shows the tire temps, I can't help but think there had to be some additional heat build up with the scuffing that had to be occurring. The RH begins with 10/32, so your tires are showing double amounts of wear across the tread face. You say the TX roads in your area are rough, maybe it's time to check the alignment???
Yes, alignment is on my "Christmas wish list!" Installed a wet-bolt kit back in February 2014. Covered storage, no direct sun, certainly an indirect component.

Fuel stops and end of day, I will place a hand on the tread and hand on the lug nuts, never any significant difference in warmth (never hot). Yesterday, I had driven about 125 miles, less than 30 miles from home.

On Saturday, tire will get shipped off to Carlisle for them to inspect. Discount Tire Company indicated they are known to pay for collateral damage, fingers crossed, no guarantees they will pay though. USAA adjuster will assess the tire and damage to trailer before I part with the old tire. From CAT scale receipts to demonstration of proper maintenance of suspension and use of TPMS, I'm hopeful Carlisle will cover things and keep USAA out of it!

Here are a couple images of measured tread depths. I'll keep folks posted on the outcome.

TomHaycraft is offline   Reply With Quote