View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 02:04 PM   #2
larry337

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchlakind View Post
We are about to take our 2015 Montana 3402RL out on its first voyage. I had it home over the weekend going through the systems and trying to get our new Dish Tailgater to work. I had previously activated it at home and verified all is working.

On the Montana there are 3 connections in the convenience center; 1 coax, 1 satellite main, and 1 satellite bedroom.

Behind the main TV there are 2 coax jacks. One I verified goes to the antenna, the other I successfully toned to the satellite main in the convenience center.

In the bedroom there are 3 coax jacks. 1 of them is tied to the amp and antenna, and I have turned it on and off, with no luck getting satellite signal. The other 2 coax jacks are in their own plate.

The main room coax cables are different colors too. The one that is tied to the roof antenna is white, while the bottom one is red.

In the bedroom the same colors match the dual coax plate.

The Dish receiver is the 211z and during boot up it requires me to tell it what state I am in (Arizona), then it begins the scan. It fails during the scan.

I am thinking there are too many splitters or I am not running the cables correctly despite using a coax toner and knowing which goes where. Anyone else been able to solve this?
The 2 on one plate in the bedroom, are they connected with a short coax forming a loop? Basically out and then back in?

2017 Ford F350
2015 Cougar 337FLS
larry337 is offline   Reply With Quote