View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 09:32 AM   #10
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I agree 100% and wonder the same thing. I need to go to a dealer and look at the specific tags. I don't favor one brand over another. In the past I leaned towards GM. Right now I have a Chevy, Ford, and Jeep GC. They all have their different issues that come and go with model years. Chevy's had oval cylinders and soft cams. Ford had the International Harvester diesel problems. I saw Dodge pickups at work with the frame bent behind the cab. My son has been rebuilding his Dodge front-end since he bought it, well used. I heard they are now better.
I don't know how Dodge hits those numbers. It's like that story that never goes away...a 350 is the same as a 250 except the tag. I don't know. What I do know is what that yellow tag says. That is what the state trooper will go by. And for sure that is what the lawyers and insurance companies will go by.
Exactly.. that's why I am once again driving a dually..... (6062 lbs of payload) after a few years and thousands of dollars in trading up loses I went back to enough truck.