View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 05:30 PM   #1
gearhead

Dodge 3500 SRW payloads?

I've picked up on this forum that Dodge owners claimed pretty high payload capacities. So today while waiting for the forecasted monsoon that never happened, I did some internet research. I saw some 3500 crewcab 4x4 longbed single rear wheel configurations that showed around 4,000# capacities. Dang. So I did the website "search for similar trucks near you" thing. Found a similar truck at a dealer about 30 miles away. So heck, I called them. Got the salesman Travis on the line. Hey guy, go out there on the lot and look at that yellow sticker inside the drivers door that has the payload listed and call me back. He called back...4407 pounds. Ah come on. You sure it's not a dually? Yep, single rear wheel. It's not a fully tricked out model but leather and heated seats can't weigh that much.
So, you folks driving Rams, if you know your payload capacity, shoot me back a reply. The longbeds seem to have about 200# more capacity than shortbeds. The Rams aren't running the horsepower of the Fords, so if anyone has towed similar loads with current model Ram and then stepped into a Ford, let me know your opinion. I'm talking a diesel here.
I have 3265# payload with the Ford and I'm right at that with the Montana. I don't want to have to go to a dually.
My son is itching to buy my Ford. Anyone have proven successful strategies for breaking this kind of news to their Secretary of the Treasury ?
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote