View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 07:15 AM   #54
larry337

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
DEF is pretty much available anywhere now. I can't think of the last gas station I stopped at that didn't have it (if they sell diesel). I prefer the DEF at the pump, but if I had to by a 2.5 gallon jug in a pinch I would. At 5 gallons every 5k miles, I don't get that concerned about not being able to get it. For many people that is one or two fill ups per year. For me, it's about twice per month, more if I decide to run more loads. Heck, it's such big business now that Blue DEF is a NASCAR sponsor. It is still getting a bad rap by people who don't have it or by people who have problems because they ignore the warnings and let it run out, but in reality it's not much different than checking your oil or filling your windshield washer fluid.
It represents change and some people always resist change. Who remembers when catalytic converters and unleaded fuel came about, or electronic ignition, no more points and condensers, fuel injection meant no more carbs to adjust. New changes mean we have to change our own ways and habits. The systems since 2011 with SCR technology and DEF seem to be much better then the ones we saw in 2008 with just a DPF. Growing pains but they're getting it figured out. I'll admit the prices of these new trucks are getting out of hand but the performance and capability is amazing, and they don't seem to have any problem selling them.

2017 Ford F350
2015 Cougar 337FLS
larry337 is offline   Reply With Quote