View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 03:08 PM   #37
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
I don't need to be drug into the 21st century, and DEF isn't keeping me from buying a newer truck. This old dog can, and has, learned new tricks. Conversely, some new dogs arrogantly refuse to learn old tricks just because they're old tricks. I saw that a lot when I was a check airman at my airline...(See Air France 447 for a prime example). Realization is a concept not always adopted by governments, companies and certain individuals until it is too late.

Back to DEF:

FWIW, I drove a later model 3500 Cummins with a stick and didn't like it, and not because of the stick. DEF or no DEF, I like my truck. If that is considered being "ridiculous" by some, then so be it.
I can relate to that. People keep telling me I should have put a roller cam and fuel injection in my 75 vette when I built the motor. I like making 450 hp with a small block Chevy old school way. Every time I start it I get a nice flashback to my younger days and building engines for the race car and trucks and hot rods. I'll admit the new eengines are more efficient, but I like the old school with a nice cam lope. I did put a 5 speed in it though

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote