View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 08:07 AM   #32
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
I have been driving diesels for a long time. Up until the late 90's if you had fuel and a rubber-band around the fuel cut off solenoid, there was nothing else needed to keep the engine running. As for horsepower, more fuel and air and the sky was the limit until something downstream broke. The only chips were in a bag you brought along for a snack, (no place to put them) there were no programmers, (nothing to program) and fuel was always less than regular gas. Limp mode was when you lost two injectors but the engine still kept running. Well enough of my trip down memory lane, but some times I question the "new technology is better" theory.

Javi, If it seems I went off topic ... I apologize.

And, NO! I am not still running DOS and damn, the new trucks sure are pretty, <end rant> Hank
Hank, I'm all too well aware of the OLD DAYS.. I bought my first diesel pickup in 1983 (Ford) and the first Ram diesel to hit Waco. (Man those RAMS looked tough.) But I got to tell you the new trucks are head and shoulders over them old trucks; in power, noise level, ride, and load capacity.

Now as for the cost... I refuse to pay more for a pickup than I gave for my house and don't mind telling the dealer exactly that.. So I look at XL's not KR..