View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 01:05 PM   #14
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by C130 View Post
A little off topic but was looking at the estimated oil change costs. Do you guys with diesels use synthetic, is that what the $150 oil change was referring to? I purchased the Ford maintenance plan because I got a decent price on it but sure it's based on regular Motorcraft oil.
Here's the note from Longmont Ford:

"Longmont Ford services and repairs duramax and cummings engines. Our oil change prices will apply to Duramax and Cummings lines as well. Occasionally certain vehicles require a full synthetic oil or a very specific cartridge style oil filter and the oil change prices will be adjusted accordingly. Prices don't include taxes and disposal fees."

That came from this website: http://www.longmontford.com/custom/service-price-guide

So based on what it says about certain vehicles requiring full synthetic oil and the price will be adjusted accordingly, I'd guess that the answer is "no, they use Ford Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 15w40 oil.

When you do the math, dealerships charge about $5 a quart, 15x5= 75 plus the filter is $28, total of $103 in parts, I'd guess 0.5 hr @ 100 an hour ($50 labor) for a total of about $153 for the oil/filter change.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote