View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 01:31 PM   #36
larry337

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnraptor View Post
Wow that's lil bit rude! Truck did fine pulling IMO! Hwy 55mph no problem very good interstates 70mph rough interstate 65mph windy day 55mph I honestly felt safe pulling the camper and was very impressed in how it handled. I actually saw a guy with same setup as me pulling a 16ft boat behind his camper. While I wouldn't do that I wouldn't hesitate to go anywhere with my rig.

2012 f250 4x4 four door lariat.
06 raptor 3712 toyhauler
kansas bow hunter.
pickwick lake is home though.
I'll try not to be overly critical. Just try to understand a couple things. A typical F250 diesel has a max payload of approximately 2500lbs. With a 3-3500lb pin weight, fuel, cargo, and passengers you are way over this. Also keep in mind trailer tires are speed rated to only 65mph. So when you boast of 80mph its going to rub some people the wrong way. Your trailer should be pulled by a 1 ton truck but if you're going to do it with a 3/4 it would make sense to use some caution and slow down. Please don't keep telling us how it "feels" so solid. Lots of people here have towed trailers of all sizes for many years. Those ratings on your truck and tires are there for a reason. I know you're going to do what you want, just don't be surprised when others aren't impressed. Again, not beating on you, just trying to get you to take a different perspective.

2017 Ford F350
2015 Cougar 337FLS