Thread: 12 Volt Battery
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #10
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete and Jeanne View Post
Hey Caberto..Did you ever get an answer on your question about leaving the battery on shore power? I have my TT in the drive next to the house and leave the power plugged in when home. In fact, if we're going camping several weekends in a row, I leave the fridge on also. My fridge uses only gas or A/C so here the battery is no concern except that it IS still in line. I'm down south so freezing is rarely a problem. Heat tho is another animal. All it takes are a few more maintainence checks to keep an eye on the electrolyte. If you do get a definitive ans to our question would you give me a shout back? Thanks and Travel Well.....Pete
Also to the OP, My trailer is an '07 and has always been on shore power except when traveling. (naturally ...the cord isn't that long. ) I had my last trailer 12 years and did the same. As long as you have a properly working Three stage converter it is fine. I check electrolyte levels every 2 or 3 months but I have rarely had to add any water. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote