View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 09:26 AM   #10
canesfan

Thanks, that all makes sense and adding shocks is definitely an option if I see there's a need. My initial thoughts are to go with F tires and and if they ride too rough at 95 psi play with air pressure a little first. Now I do understand heat and such on an underinflated tire. I used to have a chart put out by Michelin that listed various air pressures for their tires and the corresponding weight ratings at each air pressure. I used this when I had a 5er that came from the factory with Michelin LT tires. According to that chart I could run between 72 - 76 PSI on an E tire and be good with weight capacity for that trailers weight. I would run 75-76 psi, I monitor my tires very well and I never had them run hot nor had a problem in the 5 years I had that trailer. The tires looked new the day I traded it in.

I know there are people who swear you must inflate a tire to its max cold rating, no matter what, and there are others who swear this is untrue, including some tire people I have talked with, and Michelin. Not trying to start a tire pressure war, just thinking out loud about options.