View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 05:58 AM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jblan09 View Post
A quick update my insurance appriser has just let me know that in his opinion that this problem is a manufacturer defect. Camping world has had my camper since 09/09/19 still no word from them. I hope keystone will honor they're warenty but from what I hear that is less than a 50/50 chance any advice on how to deal with them would be very helpful. Thanks
It's been my experience that Keystone is "as likely as any other RV manufacturer" to approve/disapprove a warranty claim. The key to approval, IMHO, is a complete OBJECTIVE report by the dealership to include the "who, what, when, where, why" of the problem. The OBJECTIVE report should be clear, concise, document all prior maintenance, user repairs, current condition of the problem, any damage that has occurred, all parts that are involved, photos of the area in question and the dealer's documentation of what happened and why it happened. An "opinion" (the only subjective information) should accompany the report. That "opinion" is the "dealer's expert assessment" as to whether the problem is a manufacturer's issue or a owner's issue.

It's been my experience (limited as it is) that Keystone is extremely fair in dealing with warranty issues that are properly documented and that can substantiate that the problem is "clearly a manufacturer's issue"....

Depending on what your dealership sends to Keystone will "create that first (and lasting) impression" and the rest will fall into place behind that document. So, as with almost anything, "You get only one chance to make a good first impression".... Let's hope the Camping World outlet where your trailer is parked did their job. If so, you should be "golden" if they failed, expect that Keystone is also going to be "the bad guy" once you get their answer.

Oh, did I mention: COMPLETE and OBJECTIVE reporting is the key ???

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote