View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 09:01 AM   #6
Jblan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Typicallly, "delamination" applies to FILON, in which the fiberglass substrate has separated from the "laminated base layer". The fiberglass is extremely thin, unable to support itself and is usually "glued to luan) (Far Eastern hardwood plywood) or cardboard/hardboard. Some newer construction uses ADZEL, a waterproof base layer. Delamination usually is caused by water damage to the base layer which disintegrates or rots away, leaving the fiberglass unsupported and subjected to water damage. Usually, the water creeps into small openings in the fiberglass and heat causes steam expansion or cold causes ice damage, both conditions cause the water to expand, pushing the fiberglass voids open. That makes the voids (bubbles) larger and destroys the fiberglass.

What you have is an aluminum skin trailer. There is no "glued on base layer" so the skin is not "laminated", therefore it can't "de-laminate".

I think, based on your description, the front panel of your aluminum skin has shifted down and pulled away from the roof. It could be caused by the sheet being cut too small, the staples pulling away from the underlaying framework or from some other cause. That's the reason for the request for photos. With a clearer understanding of what is damaged on your trailer, a better repair plan can be suggested.

ADDED: If your trailer is covered by Keystone's 3 year structural warranty, the damage MAY be covered under warranty and could be repaired by your dealership. That would require their inspection, coordination with Keystone and an approval by the factory. If you start taking things apart, you'll probably void your warranty, so I'd suggest you explore all your options before "ripping into a repair".....
It is sitting at camping world as we speak. Been there 3 weeks.still waiting to hear from them. I don't have pictures till they do there thing. I'm just trying to get an idea of how the front skin is put on how and where to get the corner trim and trim that goes across the top joint along with the panels and need to know if they have specific screw's
Jblan09 is offline   Reply With Quote