Thread: Sticky door
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 11:12 AM   #20
FlyingAroundRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowehg View Post
I had a sticky door issue on my one-year-old Outback TT. I tried adjusting the strike plate, taking out the screws that were contacting the door at the bottom, and even using a 2x4 to try to “wedge” the door away from the latch. Turned out that all I had to do was tighten the screws holding the door to the hinge on the other side of the door. I had thought about it, but didn’t believe it would make much difference. However, it solved the problem completely and the door now closes with a fingertip push, just like the day I picked it up.

Who knew....
I was going to suggest this also. When we got to the first campgrounds with our brand new Outback, the screen door on the front door was sticky and clashed with the door frame on closing. Closer inspection revealed that Keystone had stripped the screws attaching the hinge to the screen door frame. I replaced them with pop rivets and now everything lines up as it should. I also found that, in spite of locating lugs molded into the scren door catch, the builders at Keystone had managed to grossly mis-align the catch. I wallowed out the hole for the offending mis-drilled screw and the latch now sits flush to the frame as it should. I've found other minor niggles like this, but nothing serious...so far (knock on wood).
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote