View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 07:33 PM   #7
Miles65

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Miles, let me blunt with you. That way you don't think I'm just trying to break it to you easy. You and DW have purchased an entry-level travel trailer. A NEW entry-level I might add. I'm not handing you a line when I say this: You have purchased a NICE travel trailer. It has a lot of amenities other trailers this size don't have. It is going to be HOT sitting in the sun. You have to get over that. I will say that having to stand in the left theatre seat to mix up a batch of cookies is a bear! You got that taken care of and seem pleased with the result. Now the time has come to start putting the few ill feelings behind you and get to enjoying the things that are RIGHT with this rig. Take the advice of those suggestions to help with the cooling. Install another TV in the bedroom so you don't even have to get out of bed while your DW makes breakfast for you.....Yep, that one was a stretch, but you see where I'm going with this. Make this RV yours. Fix the things that irritate you and remember that all your camping won't be on 95 degree days.
I have to disagree with you on the "entry level" thing. I've owned five RV's in the last thirty years. I hardly consider a thirty foot unit, at an MSRP of around $33 G's, to be entry level. I've owned two entry level units, before, and they were fine, but small and lacking in many creature comforts.

That being said, I actually do like this new unit, very much. Lots of things are right with it, that's why I bought it. The counter space was an issue, for me, because I'm a gourmet, vegan chef. I needed the extra 4'-5' of counter space those dopey recliners blocked, for food prep. The hot RV thing I am taking care of: I bought a white AC shroud to replace the black one. While I know it won't help, much, if at all, inside, it will definitely keep the roof mounted AC internals a few degrees cooler. I am experimenting around with an additional, portable, outside AC unit that I'm modifying with a custom fit duct that I can mount to the bedroom window. I have already mounted a fan on the bedroom wall, and swapped out the rotating head (but fixed louver) AC ceiling delivery vents for adjustable slat ones, throughout.

Yeah, I like my RV. It will just take some tweaking, and that's why I'm in the game. The tweaking is the point, for me.
Miles65 is offline   Reply With Quote