View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 03:42 AM   #15
Dave W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
The Macerator sounds cool just by the name alone. Yeah, I get that it's probably not high water pressure that does the trick. I just assumed the water pressure may be a bit higher than it is. Once I filled my black tank I let it sit for a little while and then flushed it out and that's when I started seeing all kinds brown beauties come whizzing by. Clumps of toilet paper too which is probably older stuff because we really don't like to flush TP down the toilet. For the money, the Dual Flush Pro is outstanding and anytime I am on sewer hookup while camping, I will be flushing my black tank several times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Macerator just sounds mean. All it really is is a portable garbage disposall

That macerator works well for us now but I have to say it's not an inexpensive replacement for the ol' slinky. It was bought early last year but only used it one time and wasn't happy with the way it worked. We are set up on our summer seasonal site backwards from the CG sewer system dump and a bunch of feet ~30'. Running the hose under the 5er is not good and it had virtually no grade to aid the draining. After doing further 'research' came up with the arrangement I have now and am very happy. I still have a slinky for when we travel though.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote