View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 03:11 AM   #13
Dave W

That's not a lot different then the arrangement I'm been using the past 4 times out with my FloJet macerator. I'm more then happy as the black tank has always been a slow draining one even though it has no blockage - yeah, I stuck my hand in there when I added better level sensors and fixed a tiny valve outlet seal ring leak.

The line up is a common Valterra secondary gate valve, a clear 6" and a 45* clear section then the grinder. The macerator works great, I have to add but the back flush gadget really finishes the job. It almost appears that I'm getting 'stuff' out of that black tank that has been there since new.

The cleaning action isn't so much that straight on water pressure blasts the paper, etc. from tank walls and whatever is hanging on the level sensors but that it puts gallons of water in the tank and creates a swirl action much like a washing machine and that peels whatever is stuck, off. With that back flush, have only used the installed spray gadget once and that didn't add a bit of 'stuff' leaving the tank.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote