View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 09:05 AM   #17
Nomadicchefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
No need to swap wires to the player unless they are defective (if a mouse chewed through them). Never heard of a speaker causing a fire but i guess it's possible .
I've been a self proclaimed audiofile since the late 1960's. I've installed many a system for myself (currently have 3 big screen tv's in the house with 7.1 surround systems for each) and for friends. I've also replaced the radio's and speakers in every vehicle and boat I've ever owned and for friends. I've also upgraded amplifiers back in the day of transistors by installing larger bridge diodes, transistors, rectifiers etc. This doesn't make me an "expert" by any means, just experienced. If you get stuck feel free to message me and I'll be glad to try to assist. Good Luck!
I meant to get back to you earlier about this issue, but when I took the screws out of the ceiling to take the speaker out and look at its wiring, I put it back up with only 2 screws and went to pick up the replacements. I haven't swapped them out yet, but I noticed that by only having the 2 screws or by loosening them all just a bit, the rumbling and busted sound hasn't happened anymore. Also, there was no actual damage to the speaker (torn, etc). Should I still swap it out or you think it was just a fluke? The sound is great.
Nomadicchefs is offline   Reply With Quote