View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 09:42 AM   #16
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBTexas View Post
I have read with interest all the discussion on this thread. I have a 2018 Montana 4811MS, and I am quite unhappy with the sound system it came with. I am considering replacing all the speakers in hopes of better sound quality. But I am also now interested in replacing the 'head' unit (as it has been referred to in this discussion) for a higher quality system. My current system has 3 2-speaker zones (main, bedroom, and outside). Can anyone recommend a good replacement? Thanks!
The only radios that I'm aware of that are 12 vdc and would fit in the space are designed for rvs are not that great. Jensen is a popular brand their web site is https://www.asaelectronics.com/rv.html
You can measure your current opening (many are double DIN) and match a unit to the hole or alter the opening if your handy. A receiver for automotive use typically will perform better but won't have the 3 speaker option. You could use one and add a speaker control to accomplish this.
I replaced the OEM radio in our unit with a Jensen unit and found it suitable for our needs. We typically use it for the tv sound and use the radio to mask exterior noises when leaving the dogs behind. Typically don't use the exterior speakers and when we do it's at a very low volume as we respect the neighbors sanctity (and sanity). YMMV
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote