View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 09:02 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

First, welcome to the forum. There's a lot of great information available for your use. We all hope you find what you're looking for at each visit, but if not, just ask questions and I'm sure someone will be able to give you the info you're looking for.

That said, I'm not sure where you got your information about Keystone honoring warranty issues on trailers that are lived in "full time". The Owner's Manual clearly states that Keystone trailers are intended for "occasional recreational use" and there's a "CAUTION" at the beginning of chapter 3 in the Owner's Manual that states:

"Your recreational vehicle was designed primarily for recreational use and short-term occupancy. Prolonged Occupancy can lead to premature component wear/failure and create conditions, which if not managed properly, may be hazardous to your health and/or cause significant damage to your recreational vehicle. These types of “Damage” are NOT covered under the Limited Warranty."

I doubt that anyone at Keystone would ever question whether you're living in your RV "full time" but should they ask, if you answer that you are, the warranty could exclude repairs for issues deemed to be a result of "full time use".... I don't think you'll have an issue with warranty coverage for that reason, but don't believe that "Keystone doesn't limit warranty repairs on trailers if they're used for full time living".... They do, just like most other "low/moderate priced RV manufacturers"....

If you don't have a copy of the Keystone Owner's Manual, you can download a copy here: https://www.keystonerv.com/owners/owners-manuals/

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote